- Use the book,If Not, Winter: Fragments of Sappho, to write a poem of your own.
- You must use only Sappho’s words and phrases to make your poem.
- Your poem can be as long as you’d like, but please put some effort into it.
- If you want to, you can write a series of poems.
- Title your poem(s) (with Sappho’s words, of course).
- Once you have finished your poem, please type it into the Discussion Board on Blackboard.
- Please accomplish this assignment before class on Wednesday morning.
- Below are two examples. The 1st is my poem, the 2nd is my friend’s poem he wrote in response to my poem.
with quiet mouth
full soft throat
got there first
you of two states
as you want
be my ally.
I would sayI would
for them say but rather would you