Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- What are some of the factors that determine whether or not a policy is cost-effective?
- Choose a juvenile delinquency program in your state. How do the strategies used in the selected program address crime and delinquency issues?
- Address gender policies specifically. Discuss gender policies and other theories investigating the biological impact on criminology. For example, should juvenile justice programs be unisex?
- The context of the family is important as a focus for crime prevention efforts. How does the intergenerational transmission of criminal behavior impact possible developmental pathways for juveniles? How can early intervention reduce delinquent behavior?
- Why is it important that policy efforts receive support for implementation?Provide concrete and clear examples to explain your answers. Evaluate opposing views and adequately address your final conclusions.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?