You should now have a good understanding of what to expect in graduate school. This week you learned about the importance of understanding the best way to take notes. Review the article Note-Taking Strategies for Online Students and explain the note-taking methods that you feel will work best for you. Do you feel this method may change based on the course you are taking?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- 250 words (approximately 1 page) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing. A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link). Download an example here.