Week 4 Assignment 2
Assignment 2: The Affordable Care Act
Over the next few weeks, you will explore many of the critical components of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Each week, a different provision will be introduced. Your assignments will include researching the provision and explaining the changes that will occur with the ACA.
In Week 4, you will explore changes to Medicare included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
The U.S. created Medicare, a publically funded healthcare program, to assist people sixty-five years of age and older in obtaining healthcare services.
- Identify the legislation that introduced Medicare and the funding source for the program.
- Identify some of the changes that have occurred in the Medicare program since its inception.
- Describe the demographics of the population covered by Medicare and identify the number of people in the U.S. covered by Medicare.
- Describe the changes that will occur in Medicare with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Research the ages of individuals in your state by reviewing information available on the website www.census.gov. How do you think the changes in Medicare will affect the citizens and legal residents in your state?
Submit your answers in a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document. Support your answers with appropriate examples and research.