Victimology Scholarly Article Analysis
Select and analyze a scholarly article on victimology. You may use this week’s required readings to guide you in your selection of a contemporary victimology article. In a critical analysis of the article, evaluate empirical data regarding crime victims.
In your paper, you must:
- Summarize the article’s thesis and main points in one to two paragraphs.
- Evaluate the relevance of the data used to support the thesis of the article. In your evaluation, include the author(s) research methods and target population.
- Provide examples of either the presence of bias or lack of bias evidenced by the author(s).
- Critique the accuracy, acceptability, strengths, weaknesses, and overall soundness of the article. In your critique, consider whether or not the authors persuaded you with their viewpoints.
- Explain the contributions the article has brought to your understanding of victimology.
The Victimology Scholarly Article Analysis
- Must be two double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style