DB-3-4 Paragraphs Long
The system that early American colonialists rebelled against in the American Revolution was that of an absolute monarchy. Discuss the following:
- Explain why this system of government, under the rule of King George III of England, was so unacceptable to those living in the American colonies.
- What makes democracy, the system of government the Founding Fathers instituted in the United States, so much different than an absolute monarchy?
- What improvements were made?
- Could you imagine the rule of law under a monarchy that worked like the system of democracy does today?
- Could a monarchy be pluralistic? Could a monarchy be tolerant?
- Could such a society have and enjoy civil liberties the like of which Americans do today? Why or why not?