Write a research argument essay in 2000 words. It should be written in MLA format and have a works cited page. You need 5 sources for your paper. Sources should be peer-reviewed if you are using articles. You may use Silent Spring as a source in which case you would need only 4 other sources.
Please include the following for your work on your Research Argument Paper:
1. Your issue of controversy: Should more people go to college?
2. Debate or guiding question: How to help people to go to college? (Your thesis/claim/argument is the short answer to the question. The body of your paper explains the reasons for your short answer and provides further support for both your answer and your reasons. Also, although the book phrases the question as a debate question in order to make sure you answer in the form of a persuasive argument, the word “debate” implies an either/or situation. I would like you to remember that most questions and issues have more than two answers and/or perspectives.)
3. Include a paragraph that explores and explains why this question is important/significant to you: This question is important to me because I’m attending the college right now, but some of my friends did not. Because some of them are doubting the value of getting to college. They think it is wasting time and money for it. They preferred to get the high school diploma and get into the society for jobs. However, I disagree with it. Getting a high education diploma can easier to help them to get into a job, and also they earn more knowledge. But maybe they need some help in getting college such as the money.
4. Include a paragraph that explores and explains why others might find this question to be important/significant: This question can be important to others because some people also wondering the reasons why people do not want to go to college. They might have the financial problem to get into the college. So they want to find out the way to solve it.
5. Mention in a paragraph how your question relates to the book, Silent Spring: The Silent Spring presents that people using pesticide to kill bugs, but they don’t know when it is overusing, it will hurt themselves and the environment. College will give them more knowledge to learn how to protect the environment and themselves.
6. Thesis/claim/argument: I believe that more people should go to college as well as getting the high school diploma because it is not only easier to help to find the job in the future, it is also easier to make more money. For some people that need help, we should provide financial support and services.
Minimum required outside sources: 5 (Three must be peer-reviewed.)
As with all works cited pages you must list your sources in alphabetical order. List each source in MLA format and write a short annotation in the following format:
Publication’s viewpoint (professional medical journal, conservative news paper, feminist magazine, etc.)
Author’s viewpoint and credibility (What is the author’s profession? Is this person considered an expert in the field he or she is writing about?)
The article’s main message (conclusion/thesis/claim) (What is the main message of this piece? )
List any faulty reasoning, lack of credibility, or piece of the argument you disagree with (Is there anything in the article with which you disagree? If so, what is your disagreement with the piece? Are the sources the author used credible? Are there any logical fallacies or other faults in reasoning or logic?
Write how the article will be or not be useful to you in your paper.