Assignment 4: Written Business Plan and Presentation
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a written business plan and a business plan PowerPoint presentation. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
Section 1: Written Business Plan
You are now in the final stage of the business plan development. All previous documentation must be combined into one (1) document that will serve as the statement of work for the business plan. Your goal is to have the plan approved by the executive team in the venture capital group. The business plan is very detailed. However, the executive team is only interested in a ten (10) minute summation. Therefore, you also must create a compelling executive summary, in which you justify your new product or service venture and how it would benefit the company. You will also include your conclusion and recommendations as the final part of your business plan.
- Write a three to four (3-4) page executive summary in which you provide a high-level technical overview of your business plan.
- Combine all previous documentation into one (1) document that will serve as the statement of work for the business plan where you address the following:
- Part I of your business plan – Your business vision including business opportunities, business model, and feasibility analysis
- Part II of your business plan – Competitive analysis and strategic assessment including competitive analysis, strategies and marketing tactics, risks and mitigation strategies, funding, strategic positions, and cost operating report
- Part III of your business plan – Business initiative and technology including business initiative, technologies, and technology policies
- Provide a conclusion and recommendations in which you:
- Analyze the new business opportunity and the strategies undertaken to support this business initiative for the company.
- Assess the benefits and explain the potential business growth of the new product or service. Note: Ensure to carefully evaluate each of the risks.
- Determine which aspects of your corporate culture will help make the company successful in your approach. Support the response.
- Develop a set of recommendations for the company which justify why the management team should consider this new business strategy.
Section 2: Business Plan PowerPoint Presentation
In addition to your written executive summary, you will provide the venture capital group with a presentation addressing all major points of your business plan.
- Create a nine to twelve (9-12) slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Illustrate all major points of your business plan. Note: Follow the outline of your paper, starting with the executive summary and make sure to use headings to identify the sections.
- Provide a rationale for each major point of your business plan and justify why this venture should be undertaken.
- Provide one (1) summary slide of the conclusion and recommendations.
- Create bulleted speaking notes for the presentation to the executive board in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the entrepreneurial process to determine where a company is in the process and how to implement change successfully.
- Examine entrepreneurial intentions and strategies to support entrepreneurship.
- Examine the creativity and business idea process, and the materialization of domestic and foreign market entry opportunities.
- Analyze the financial planning process for a new venture.
- Analyze the process of protecting the new venture idea and legitimizing it through a formalized business plan.
- Analyze different sources of capital to determine the appropriate financing for a business venture.
- Examine the marketing planning process for new ventures.
- Analyze the strategies for managing growth, the implications for growth, and sources for business growth.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Write clearly and concisely about entrepreneurship and innovation using proper writing mechanics.