Teachers are expected to “manage the learning environment to actively and equitably engage students by organizing, allocating and coordinating the resources of time, space and learner’s attention”
For this assignment, your principal has asked you to develop a presentation about student motivation and engagement strategies. This presentation will be used in a professional development workshop for first-year teachers.
Using the “Class Profile,” select a grade level 1-8 (4th grade) and create a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation. In completing your presentation:
- Research, analyze, and select seven strategies that foster motivation and active engagement in learning, self-motivation, and positive social interaction among the students.
- Explain each strategy in your own words.
- Identify classroom arrangements that are best for each engagement strategy.
Support your presentation with three scholarly resources.
Create a title slide, reference slides, slide notes that provide a detailed explanation of how you would implement each strategy in your future classroom.
In addition, write a 200-250 word student engagement strategies statement. Include components of your presentation that you would incorporate into your future classroom management plan, and explain why.
Include a minimum of three scholarly references.
1. Presentation includes exemplary research-based strategies that foster motivation and active engagement in learning, self-motivation, and positive social interaction.
2. Each classroom arrangement exhibits insight for a developmentally appropriate learning environment that encourages engagement and motivation. Accounts for diverse needs.
3. Statement includes thorough and insightful explanation of how components will be incorporated into a future classroom.
4. Presentation content is written clearly and concisely. Ideas universally progress and relate to each other. Presentation includes motivating questions and advanced organizers. The presentation gives the audience a clear sense of the main idea. Content is supported with relevant scholarly resources.
5. Presentation layout is visually pleasing and contributes to the overall message with appropriate use of headings, subheadings, and white space. Text is appropriate in length for the target audience and to the point. The background and colors enhance the readability of the text.
6. The writer uses a variety of sentence constructions, figures of speech, and word choice in distinctive and creative ways that are appropriate to purpose, discipline, and scope.
7. Title slide is complete. References section includes correctly cited sources. Correct citations are included within the body of the presentation.
In-text citations and references, slide notes, turnitin less than 20%. Utilize Attachment!!