Project Description You have been hired as a web designer for a fictitious company called Creative Genius Web Design. Your first day on the job, your supervisor asks you to create a simple, five-image photo gallery web page. Photo galleries provide an interactive way to view image content on websites.
- Image dimensions must be 800 pixels (width) x 400 pixels (height) and stored externally in a separate image folder
- Only use the index.html template to create your photo gallery
- Use the style.css file to store styles in a separate CSS folder
- Use // to document your code by providing comments that explain the purpose of all lines of code you write
Submission RequirementsPlease submit the following to your Assignments Folder:1. Host your working photo gallery.js 2. Submit the HTML files you used to create the webpage to your project Assignments Folder3. Write a Project Reflection (see description below)
4. Style.cssProject ReflectionAnswer the following questions when you submit your assignments files. a. What is the theme of your design? b. Where did you find your photos (include URL if image was downloaded from the Internet)? c. What modifications did you make to the images (describe what you did to complete the assignment)?d. What issues or challenges did you face completing this project? Please submit your Project Reflection as a Microsoft Word document or just copy and paste your answers in your Assignments Folder’s text box when you submit your assignment along with the rest of the required project files. HTML ValidationYour pages should validate without errors using the W3C HTML Markup Validation Service at http://validator.w3.org.
How to do this:
- Publish your pages to Nova
- Go to the W3C validator and paste in the URL to your index.html page
- Select the check button
If there are errors, correct them. Ignore errors on the image tag where “.” and “%” are indicated.Helpful ResourcesThis assignment will require you to interact with the DOM. The links below highlight specific concepts and topics that you will need to learn in order to complete this assignment successfully.
1. Types of Mouse Eventshttps://www.w3schools.com/jsref/dom_obj_event.asp2. Targeting IDshttps://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_document_getelementbyid.asp3. Creating Loopshttps://www.w3schools.com/js/js_loop_for.asp4. Targeting and Altering HTMLhttps://www.w3schools.com/jsref/prop_html_innerhtml.asp5. Getting and Passing Attributeshttps://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_element_getattribute.asp
Sourcing Free, High-Resolution Images on the InternetThis assignment will require you to find or create and resize five images to use in the photo gallery. You do not have to spend any money to acquire images, but you will need some knowledge of photo editing software to resize the images that you use to the appropriate 800×400 pixel size.
Here are some sites that offer free, high-resolution photos. Please remember to provide links to the location of the images you use in your Project Reflection.
- Adobe Stock (http://stock.adobe.com)
- Flickr: Creative Commons (https://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/)
- CAMIO (http://camio.oclc.org)
- OCLC’s Catalog of Art Museum Images Online (http://camio.oclc.org).
- Pexels (https://www.pexels.com)
- Pixabay (https://pixabay.com/)
NOTE: Be careful. Make sure you don’t download any install programs to view images. If the site asks you to install software onto your computer, try another site, or simply perform a browser search for “free stock photos”. If a site requires creating a free account, this is generally not a problem.Use Your Own PhotosIf you are particularly talented in the area of photography, feel free to use your own images and photos. Indicate the source of your photography in your Project Reflection.