Information Assurance Compliance with Government Regulations
Review the “Audit Program for Application Systems for Auditing” presented in Appendix B of the Cascarino text. Also, read the following articles, located in the course shell:
- “A Framework for Health Care Information Assurance and Policy Compliance” by Sherrie Drye Cannoy and A.F. Salam
- “Information Assurance and Corporate Strategy” by Elspeth McFadzean, Jean-Noël Ezingeard, and David Birchall
- “Five Most Common Cybersecurity Mistakes” from the Toledo Business Journal
- Case Study Plan (MS Word)
Write a six to ten (7-10) page paper in which you:
- Discuss which employees and organizations have a deeper-level of information assurance (IA) policy compliance.
- Examine the factors that increased the individual’s level of propensity for compliance.
- Determine the internal and external factors affecting IA policy compliance.
- Ascertain which of the organizational requirements poses difficulty in adopting technical features to enhance security policy.
- Discuss factors related to IA and policy compliance that are affected by government regulations.
- Suggest a framework that could be used to address the issues described in the “Five Most Common Cybersecurity Mistakes” article, based on the “Audit Program for Application Systems for Auditing”.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), no spacing before or after paragraphs, one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.