It is often helpful to research a Vendor and their products before contacting the company. (when you contact the company, you often are inundated by sales calls). Your assignment this week is to gather information on a provider of security/privacy products and write a short recommendation document. Include in your report:
- types of services this vendor provides
- facts about this company that would lead to their reliability as a provider
- how they compare to other similar vendors (you will need to look at a few companies to gather this information).
One very useful publication is ICD Research Reports. This is found using the library technology databases.
- Click on the Library – Technology Resources button on the left menu.
- Select Find Articles tab.
- Select ProQuest Computer Science Collection database from the list of technology related sources (this publication is also in other databases, but ProQuest is the one that I’ve used for this assignment).
- At the top of the screen, select Publications.
- Click on the title of the publication (ICD Research Reports in this case)
- In the center of the screen, you will see a search bar.
- Click on the title “ICD_Research_Reports” to filter to this publication.
- Type in “Security Products” once your have reached the Publication Information page.
- Select one of the companies that has been researched within the past three years, and read through the full report. You will find financial stability, history, location, and their main competitors. This may also lead to additional searches on those companies.
To reference this report:
- Be sure that you are on the page with the full text – pdf.
- Select “Cite” for the APA citation style and the link of the citation that you can copy and paste into your document.