Last week, you completed the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis for your company. Hopefully, you have begun researching potential social causes, issues, or nonprofits for your company to adopt. As you consider your options, evaluate whether the alternatives you come across fit with your company’s mission, vision, and ethical framework, as well as any existing social responsibility efforts. Finally, select the new cause that will build upon your company’s strengths. Will selecting this cause support the responsibility owed to your stockholders and stakeholders?
In a 5- to 7-page Microsoft Word document, present and analyze your top three to four social causes and explain why your social cause or issue is a good match with your chosen corporation for creating a corporate social responsibility (CSR) campaign. You will want to be sure that you cover the following items in your report:
- Evaluate how each of your top three to four social causes do or do not meet your company’s mission, vision, and ethical framework, as well as, any on-going social responsibility efforts.
- Discuss how Stockholder Theory and Stakeholder Theory impacted your final selection (based upon your Week 1 reading/lectures)
- Consider which personal ethical framework impacted your final selection and how it impacted your selection(based upon your Week 2 reading/lectures)
- Discuss the internal and the external ethical impacts of your selection (based upon your Week 3 reading/lectures)
- Explain why the social cause you chose is a good fit with your corporation.
Be certain to provide appropriate citations from your reading/research. Also be sure to review the expanded rubric for details on achieving full points.