it must be in 500 words, no plagiarism.
What to Write?
According to Albala: “Although Americans have willingly adopted the foods of newcomers, we never became a melting pot for these various cultures. So-called ethnic cuisines naturally changed on foreign soil, adapting to new ingredients and popular taste—but at heart they remain clear and proud descendants of their respective countries. Their origins are also readily recognized; we are all perfectly familiar with the repertoire of Mexican, Chinese, and Italian restaurants, and increasingly now Thai, Japanese, and Salvadoran, to name a few. Eating out at such restaurants is a hallmark of mainstream American culture, and despite the spontaneous or contrived fusion of culinary styles, each retains its unique identity”( 2015, pp. x) .
Part 6 focuses on the unique identify of the vietnamese food in the U.S. and its historical trajectory that led to the remarkable point. In addition, you will learn about all three cultures and cuisine by reading and responding to your peers’ posts. Specifically, please consider the following when you draft the post:
- Have a brief synopsis of the unique identity of the vietnamese culture you are assigned to in the U.S.
- Briefly discuss its immigration history by tracing the wars, conquests, famine, and/or other factors that led to the mass immigration from Asia to the U.S.
- Discuss the rise of vietnamese food culture in the U.S. with a focus on the evolution of its unique food culture identity
- Describe the contemporary dining options found in the ethnic enclaves and other contemporary expressions such as fusion food.
- Identify at least two future trends about vietnamese food culture in the U.S.