Unit 8 Assignment: Final Draft
Apply what you have learned about locating, paraphrasing, incorporating, and citing relevant and reliable secondary source information to complete the following Assignment:
Substantially revise your Unit 6 Assignment and submit it as your Unit 8 Assignment, the Academic Essay. Be sure that your substantially revised Academic Essay meets the following expectations:
- Establish and develop a clear main point about your topic that is original and insightful.
- Address either a cause or effect of the change or controversy you are addressing, without taking a position or writing to persuade.
- Organize ideas logically, demonstrate paragraph unity and connection of ideas through the use of transition devices.
- Strengthen and support your ideas through the incorporation of an additional 2-3 relevant and reliable secondary sources from either the KU Library or published on the web.
- Apply 6th Edition APA formatting to give credit to all source information and ideas, whether you quote, paraphrase or summarize these sources.
- Utilize KU Writing Center resources to format the paper, including the title page, body pages, margins, in-text citations, and references page citations.
- Follow the conventions of Standard American English.
This Academic Essay should be 2 – 2 and 1/2 pages long, double spaced, excluding title page and references page. Find out how your instructor will grade your Unit 8 Assignment by reviewing the rubric.
Review a sample student Assignment.
Submitting your Unit 8 Assignment:
Remember that you must use Microsoft Word for this and all projects submitted for this class. When you are ready to submit the Assignment, go to the Unit 8 Assignment Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says Submit an Assignment.
- In the Submit to Basket menu, select Unit 8: Assignment Dropbox.
- In the Comments field, make sure to add at least the title of your paper.
- Click the Add Attachments button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Microsoft Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
A special feature is available to help you with reviewing your Unit 8 Assignment for plagiarism. When you submit your Assignment to the Unit 8 Dropbox, your Assignment will automatically be analyzed by the plagiarism detection tool, Turnitin. Soon after you submit your Assignment, you will be able to view the Turnitin Originality Report. Originality Reports provide a summary of matching or highly similar text found in a submitted paper. When an Originality Report is available for viewing, an icon will appear in the report column of the Assignment Inbox. Originality Reports are only available in the InBox. For this reason, you will need to download the report prior to the grading of the Unit 8 Assignment. To do this, click on the print icon at the bottom of the Originality Report. This will prepare a readable, PDF version of the Originality Report that you can save to your computer.