Job Loss Case Study
For this assignment, assume a large employer is closing in the community. In the Longevin family, the grandfather, Joe (age 60), the daughter Angela (age 40), and the grandson, Peter (age 20), are all losing their jobs. When Joe was 42, he was diagnosed with depression but he has controlled this for the past few years. You may embellish this scenario as needed, including cultural implications and assessment results, to address the following elements in this assignment:
- Analyze the three developmental career stages of Joe, Angela, and Peter.
- How might job loss impact each person in terms of their relationships and mental well-being?
- How might family roles and responsibilities shift as a result of job loss?
- Which career counseling strategies would you use to help with the changes resulting from job loss?
- Select developmentally appropriate career assessments that would be helpful to guide your work with each client in this case study. Name one assessment you would use for each person and describe the criteria you used to make this choice.
- Assess the cultural appropriateness of the assessments you chose for each client.
- Based on the assessment results and the effects of job loss you identified, select and apply career counseling strategies to the case study that would facilitate skill development for career, educational, and life-work planning and management.
Your assignment should be 3–5 pages in length, follow current APA format and style, and include at least three references, including your text. Review the Job Loss Case Study scoring guide to understand the grading expectations for this assignment.