You are Sam Smith, a new IT technician at Global Packaging. You have been provided with your first assignment to connect a personal computer (PC) to an Ethernet network and a fiber-optic network. You will be involved in the development and implementation of their wide area network (WAN) project.
Provide a Word document of 3-5 pages that addresses the following:
- A brief description in your own words of the necessary actions to connect systems to a network using wired media.
- A summary of the characteristics that make fiber-optic cabling different from other forms of cabling.
- A scenario whereby fiber-optic cabling would be appropriate for a client. Support your position with relevant research.
- A functional comparison of the different network devices.
- Details about what is necessary for Internet connectivity.
- Explain the process to install a network adapter.
- Primary differences between a wide area network and a local area network.
Be sure to reference all of your sources using APA style. Refer to the APA style guide found in the Library for further information.