Essay #3 Nature vs. Nurture
Peer Review: Wednesday, 3/8
Deadline: Sunday, 3/12
For this module of class we have examined the relationship between nature and nurture in terms of personality and behavioral traits. The purpose of these lessons were to evaluate the relationship between these two ideologies and come to the conclusion about how they can be applied to personality development. As we examine these traits, such as psychopathic behavior, we have looked at several notorious individuals. For this paper your objective will be to examine a chosen criminal individual and review their life story (biography), analyze their biography in terms of the course materials on nature vs. nurture, and come to a conclusion of what may have prompted or caused their psychopathic behavior.
- Pull the reader in with compelling statement about the person, case, or narrative (not the theses).
- 2-3 sentences of background about the person, case, or narrative.
- Summarize it, be brief because you will elaborate later on in the first body paragraphs
- Thesis Statement
- What conclusion did you make about this person?
- Relationship on nature vs. nurture
- Choosing nature over nurture, or vice versa
- Specific trigger event
- Seeking attention, fame, or something else?
- Transition to the first Body Paragraphs
- Section One: Nature vs. Nurture and Psychopathic Behaviors
- What does Nature Vs. Nurture Mean?
- Summarize how it will relate to your person
- Not too much, you will analyze later on (2-3 sentences)
- What is psychopathy and what are psychopathic and sociopathic traits
- Examine and summarize the traits that apply to your subject
- Not too much, you will analyze later on(2-3 sentences)
- Section Two: Biography
- Early Childhood
- Birth: When and Where
- Family Life and Dynamic
- Family and Home Environment
- Early Signs of Psychopathic Behaviors
- Criminal Adulthood
- Life up to the Crimes
- The Crimes
- The Investigation
- The Trial and Conviction
- Incarceration, Death Penalty
- Section Three: Analysis
- Take the elements stated in section one and elaborate by using argumentative evidence and examples the your biography (Section Two)
- Nature vs Nurture
- Psychopathic or Sociopathic Behavior
- FBI Classification of Motives
- Your conclusion of the topic
- Sympathetic or Ruthless
- Could they have been helped?
- Punishment deserving?
- What have we learned about this case?
- Section Four: Conclusion
- Restate your main and strongest points about your conclusions on the case
- Restate your thesis
- Do not bring up new evidence or conclusion ideas
While you Analysis Section may need the most evidence and research, you should be using quotes, statistics, summaries, and paraphrases throughout the entire essay. Focus on what you want to share and tell other about this case and topic and thoroughly analyze the research to come to a conclusion (your thesis statement) about the case. Share this opinion effectively with research.
- MLA Formatting
- 12 Pt., Times New Roman
- Header. Page Number/Last Name Heading
- Double Spaced
- MLA Citations
- In-Text Citations
- Full Citations on the Works Cited Page
- 3-4 Instructor Provided Resources
- 3-4 Student Provided Resources
- Reputable News Sources
- Academic Videos, Documentaries
- Online Databases Found Information
- Academic Journals
These are essay instructions. You must follow these steps. At least 1200-1300 words. You can use 1-2 sources of your own resource. Also you must use my sources that’s like 3-4 different source.It’s very important factor for this essay. These are my resources and research folder: