Description: A paper that analytically critiques a live theatrical production (no films, video, TV, or otherwise recorded performances).
1. See a fully produced play and take notes during intermission and after the performance.
2. Write a 1400-1750 word essay
3. Follow this organization structure:
a. Introduction: states the production concept of the performance.
b. Paper body: write separate sections that describe how the set design, costume design, lighting design, and acting style either contributed to or undermined the production concept.
c. Conclusion: State (1) whether or not the production concept was successfully achieved and (2) if the performance was a worthwhile or successful work of art.
4. Scan and paste an image of the ticket or program from the production that you saw to the last page of your essay.
1. Use 12-point, Times New Roman Font
2. Margins no more than an inch left and right, top and bottom.
3. Double spaced
4. Use language concerning the elements of performance that have been discussed in readings online discussions, quizzes, exams, and other materials provided by the instructor. These elements of performance include: set design, lighting design, costume design, and acting.
5. Follow the order of essay organization that is provided in the assignment instructions.
1. Make sure to follow the essay organization structure given in the assignment instructions.
2. Make sure to follow all the guidelines offered in the assignment expectations.
3. Ask the professor well in advance of the due date if clarification is needed.
4. Meet the word count minimum (1400 words).
5. Do not plagiarize: this will most likely result in failure of the entire course for academic dishonesty.
6. The theatrical production that you see must include the following elements of performance: set design, costume design, lighting design, and acting.
* you need to create an account to be able to read the script it is easy