In your “Practical Guide” reading this week, the emphasis is on defining an architectural process and approach. In your own words, please describe:
1. How would you determine the intended use of an architecture?
2. What are some considerations for selecting a specific architectural framework?
3. Why is it so important to get the scope of the EA “right”?
1. Why is it important to ensure an alignment between the business processes, the architecture, and the vision of the organization?
2. Why is it so important to establish an Enterprise Architecture Governance framework?
3. Describe some of the most important characteristics relevant to EA governance
4. How does this transform “change management”?
Below are link that provides more information about the Zachman Framework as well as the Zachman Framework “evolution”.
Why do you believe that the Zachman framework has stood the test of time? After all, it was created in 1984 and was originally published in the 1987 IBM Systems Journal. What makes this a viable framework today?