1. The outline pane shares its portion of the screen with the _____ pane.
2. A thumbnail preview of all of the slides in the PowerPoint presentation can be seen in the:
a. Slides/task pane.
b. Preview pane.
c. Slides/outline pane.
d. Status bar.
3. Clicking the mouse button on the vertical scroll button will display a Screen Tip that shows:
a. Notes the presentation author has made.
b. Bibliography notes that may pertain to the current slide.
c. The slide number and title.
d. A thumbnail view of the current slide.
4. You have just created a new blank slide and intend to title it awards. Now, you decide instead that you want awards to be a bullet point under the heading Major Accomplishments. To make this change in the outline, you would place the insertion point to the right of the new blank slide and press the _______ key(s).
a. Shift and Enter
c. Control and Tab
5. Your company, burtshardware.com, was just purchased by tomshardware.com. You need to edit all of your PowerPoint presentations to replace burtshardware.com with tomshardware.com. Where is the search and replace utility in PowerPoint?
a. The Edit tab ribbon
b. The Home tab ribbon
c. The Insert tab ribbon
d. The References tab ribbon
6. You have highlighted a line of text in PowerPoint slide. You then click the italicized button. What will happen to the selected text?
a. The text will be indented.
b. The text will be italicized.
c. A first level bullet will be created for the text.
d. The text will be formatted in small caps.
7. When creating a PowerPoint presentation, you would click the line spacing button when configuring the:
a. Vertical slide margins
b. Horizontal slide margins
c. Line spacing between text lines
d. Line spacing between paragraphs
8. You have used the word “amazing” twice in the same paragraph to describe your company’s sales report in a PowerPoint presentation. You have now created a third instance of the word and you want to find an alternative word for “amazing”. What can you do to accomplish this?
a. Click the research button on the Review tab ribbon.
b. Click the Synonym button on the Review tab ribbon.
c. Click the Thesaurus button on the Review tab ribbon.
d. Click the thesaurus button on the References tab ribbon.
9. Clicking the add slide button will:
a. Create a new slide using the layout of the previous slide.
b. Create a new slide layout.
c. Create a bullet list format for the current slide.
d. Highlight the current slide header for easy viewing.
10. PowerPoint offers you a variety of preconfigured layout options. They can be accessed by clicking the Layout button located in the:
a. Slides group on the home tab ribbon.
b. Slides group on the design tab ribbon.
c. Layout group on the home tab ribbon.
d. Layout group on the design tab ribbon.
11. When you insert an image into a slide and activate the image, you will see eight:
a. Vertical pointers.
b. Horizontal pointers.
c. Sizing handles.
d. Display handles.
12. Contextual tools can be applied to ________ in PowerPoint.
b. Page content
c. Footers and headers
d. Image objects
13. You want to select slides 1, 3, and 5 from your presentation from the slide Sorter View. How would you accomplish this?
a. Hold down the shift key and click slides 1,3, and 5
b. Hold down the ctrl key and click slides 1, 3, and 5.
c. Hold down the alt key and click slides 1, 3, and 5.
d. Click slides 1, 3, and 5 with the right mouse key.
14. The most efficient way to select all the slides between 3 and 9 in the slide sorter view is to click on slide 3, then:
a. Hold down the ctrl (Control) key and click slide 8.
b. Drag to slide 9, and then release the mouse button.
c. Hold down the shift key and click on slide 9.
d. Click on each slide until you get to slide 9, when you would release the mouse button again.
15. You can toggle between the normal view and the slide sorter view by clicking their designated buttons located in the:
a. Slides group on the home tab ribbon.
b. Slides group on the design tab ribbon.
c. View group on the review tab ribbon.
d. Lower right-hand corner of the PowerPoint window.
a. Have to do with the way text or graphic objects enter and exit a slide.
b. Refer to the method of embedding objects in a PowerPoint slide.
c. Are the links between objects that maintain a dynamic connection with object in a source application?
d. Control the way individual slides present themselves on the screen.
17. It is very common today for presenters to hand out a ________ to the audience to accompany a PowerPoint presentation.
a. Slide sort preview sheet
b. Slide handout
c. Slide print preview sheet
d. Printed slide sorter sheet
18. The print command for PowerPoint is accessed:
a. From the home tab ribbon
b. from the page layout ribbon
c. from the print tab ribbon
d. by clicking the office button
19. Note pages will print slides as well as text that you have typed into the:
a. Supplementary pane
b. Notes handout
c. Notes pane
d. Presenter notes pane
20. You want to print only slides 1, 2, 5, and 6 from your PowerPoint presentation. How would you choose these slides within the Print dialog box?
a. Check the checkboxes of the designated slides.
b. Click the radio buttons of the designated slides.
c. Click the slide icons for the designated slides.
d. Type the slide numbers separated by commas.
1. You are creating a PowerPoint presentation for your sales team. You want all of the slides to have more than just a white background and you want them all to conform to the same look. What is the easiest way to do this?
a. Choose a background by clicking the Background button in the Styles group in the Home tab ribbon.
b. Choose a background by clicking the Background button in the Styles group in the Design tab ribbon.
c. Choose a background by clicking the Background Styles button in the Background group in the Design tab ribbon.
d. Choose a background by clicking the Background Styles button in the Background group in the slide show tab ribbon.
2. You have created a bullet list on a PowerPoint slide. You want to decrease the list level of one of your bullets. Which button in the Paragraph group would you select to do this?
a. Multilevel list
b. Decrease indent
c. Increase indent
3. You are creating a PowerPoint slide presentation for the year-end annual company meeting. You want to use some of the slides you created in a PowerPoint presentation you made last year in a PowerPoint file called December09.pptx. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?
a. Click the New Slide arrow on the Home tab ribbon and click Reuse Slides, browse to the December09.pptx file and select the designated slides.
b. Click the insert tab and select the reuse slide button in the slides group, browse to the December09.pptx file and select the designated slides.
c. Click the insert tab and select the object arrow and click PowerPoint slide, browse to the December09.pptx file and select the designated slides.
d. Click the office button and select open, browse to the December09.pptx and find the designated slide, copy the designated slides and paste into the current presentation.
4. The Clip Art function in PowerPoint 2007 refers to:
a. Jpg files downloaded from the internet.
b. Jpg files purchased from a clip art vendor.
c. Images included with Microsoft office.
d. Images that reside in the clipboard.
5. You wish to insert a Windows Bitmap file from your hard drive into a PowerPoint slide. Which media type would you check in order to browse for this file?
a. Clip art
6. Selecting an image in one your slides in PowerPoint 2007 will trigger the appearance of a new tab on the ribbon called:
7. You would use the picture shape button located in the picture styles group if you wanted to:
a. Format a slide into the shape of a square.
b. Format an image into the shape of a star.
c. Insert a rectangular graphic file.
d. Insert clip art file that is a particular shape.
8. An example of a picture effect for images in PowerPoint 2007 would be a(n):
c. Soft edge
d. Background contour.
9. You are creating a square shape by sizing it with the mouse. What key do you hold down while moving the mouse?
10. What is the best way to insert text into a PowerPoint slide in order to place it anywhere on the slide?
a. Type the desired text, highlight it, and hit the computer key arrows to move the text to its desire placement.
b. Click on the desired spot for the text and being typing.
c. Type the desired text, highlight it, and use the mouse to move the text to its desired placement.
d. Insert a text box; use the mouse to move it to the desired placement, and type inside the text box.
11. Nudging a text box involves:
a. Single clicking the mouse key quickly on the outer edge of the box.
b. Double clicking the mouse key quickly on the outer edge of the box.
c. Clicking the outer edge of the box and using the arrows keys on the computer.
d. Clicking the outer edge of the box and using the plus and minus keys on the computer.
12. You have two images on a slide and you want to be able to format and move the images in an identical fashion. What is the easiest way to do this?
a. Click on each object and click the group button under the format tab.
b. Click on each object while holding down the ctrl key and click the group button under the format tab.
c. Click on each object while holding down the shift key and click the align button under the design tab.
d. Select both images while holding down the mouse key and click the align button under the design tab.
13. You have multiple images selected on a slide in PowerPoint 2007. You click the align left right button without selecting the align to slide option. What happens as a result?
a. The images will align to the right edge of the slide.
b. The images will align to the .5-inch right margin.
c. The images will align to the one-inch right margin.
d. The images will align themselves with right-most image.
14. You are creating a PowerPoint presentation and want to create a slide using a SmartArt graphic that will show how the various departments relate to the organization. What graphic type will you select?
15. The insertion of a SmartArt graphic will result in an additional _______ tab appearing on the ribbon.
16. You want to utilize various WordArt styles for the text in your SmartArt graphics. Under which tab ribbon are these options available?
17. You want to liven up your slides by turning your bullet lists into SmartArt graphics. You can accomplish this by highlighting the list with the mouse and:
a. Selecting the convert to SmartArt Graphic button on the Home tab ribbon.
b. Selecting the convert to SmartArt Graphic button on the Format tab ribbon.
c. Selecting the SmartArt Graphic button on the Insert tab ribbon.
d. Inserting a SmartArt Graphic and clicking the Combine Object button on the Format tab ribbon.
18. The SmartArt tools are made up of two tabs on the ribbon. What are they?
a. Home tab and Design tab
b. Format tab and Design tab
c. Design tab and SmartArt tab
d. SmartArt tab and WordArt tab
19. The transition options on the animation tab ribbon are utilized to control:
a. The movement of animated motions within the slide.
b. The movement of the animated images within the slide.
c. How the slide contents appear on the slide.
d. How the slide fades to black after a designated time.
20. You have utilized a series of JPEG files taken by your camera in a slide presentation you are creating. The sized of the files is very large and you would like to diminish the file size. How would you accomplish this?
a. Covert the JPEG files to PNG files.
b. Convert the JPEG files to TIFF files.
c. Compress the JPEG files.
d. Resized the JPEG files.
1. You create a table that has 4 rows and 3 columns. How many cells will be in this table?
2. Which ribbon menu in PowerPoint 2007 offers the ability to create a table within a slide?
3. You wish to add an additional row in a table you have configured in your slide. Which button on the ribbon would accomplish this?
a. Insert below
b. Insert row
c. Insert cell range
d. Insert left
4. The Table Tools Menu Group is made up of which tab ribbons?
a. Layout and design
b. Table and design
c. Table and layout
d. Insert and layout
5. You have been modifying a table you are working on in PowerPoint with the mouse and somehow the columns are no longer of equal proportion. The easiest way to reapportion them is to click the _______ button.
a. Resize table
b. Resize columns
c. Distribute columns
d. Equalized columns
6. You want the data in your table to be centered vertically within the cells. Which button will you click to accomplish this?
a. Top align
b. Middle align
7. You have created a table within a slide in PowerPoint. All of the cells have background fill applied to them. You want all of your cells to be clear except for the column headers. The easiest way to accomplish this is to:
a. Uncheck the gradient fill box in the Table Styles Options group.
b. Uncheck the gray fill box in the Table Styles Options group.
c. Uncheck the Branded Rows checkbox in the Table Styles Options group.
d. Check the Clear Data Cells checkbox in the Table Styles Options group.
8. You have created a basic table within a slide and you want to apply special effects to the column headers such as beveling and shadowing. How do you accomplish this in PowerPoint 2007?
a. Click on the effects buttons in the table styles group on the layout tab ribbon.
b. Click on the effects button in the table styles group on the design tab ribbon.
c. Click on the effects button in the table styles group on the table tab ribbon.
d. Click on the effects button in the table styles group on the home tab ribbon.
9. You are creating a PowerPoint presentation for your company meeting. You want to create a chart that compares the gross sales of your three sales divisions over the last four years. Which type of chart in PowerPoint 2007 will be ideal in this situation?
a. Line chart
b. Pie chart
c. Area chart
d. Column chart
10. You are reviewing a chart made by one of your associates for the sales meeting. The chart illustrates information for more than twenty products. Each product is represented by a different color. To confirm which color represents which product, you could refer to the :
a. Color labels.
b. Category labels.
d. Header reference notes.
11. What is the easiest way to jump from cell to cell when inputting data into your table cells?
a. Click on each cell with the mouse.
b. Move the mouse over each cell while holding the mouse key.
c. Press the Tab key on the keyboard.
d. Press the Ctrl key on the keyboard.
12. A data marker in a bar chart in PowerPoint 2007 is directly related to a:
a. Data point in an excel worksheet.
b. Data series in an excel worksheet.
c. Data series in a PowerPoint table.
d. Legend in a PowerPoint chart.
13. PowerPoint offers you many chart style options that are available within the ______ group on the _______ tab ribbon.
a. Chart options; design
b. Chart styles; design
c. Chart options; layout
d. Chart options; table tools
14. You are creating a PowerPoint presentation for your year-end company meeting. Your first slide represents company revenue. In your second slide you want to show how the total revenue was broken up into your various product divisions. Which chart type would be ideal for this?
a. Column chart
b. Bar chart
c. Pie chart
d. Area chart
15. Which type of reference information found in other tables such as bar charts is omitted in a pie chart?
a. Data labels
b. Column headers
c. Style labels
16. Which of the keys below are used to trigger animation effects in PowerPoint 2007?
b. Up arrow
c. Down arrow
d. F5 key
17. The final slide in your PowerPoint presentation announces the salesperson of the year. The slide has two animations. The first one fades in the words “And the Winner is” while the second animation fades in “Brad Davenport.” Which automatic start option would you select for the second animation?
a. After 10 seconds
b. After previous
d. On click
18. You are creating an animated slide containing a pie chart showing the profitability of each company division. You want each slice of the pie chart to be treated individually within the animated action. Which option would you select?
a. By slice
b. By data label
c. By category
d. By data point
19. While giving a slide presentation, someone in the audience asks you a question pertaining to an earlier slide in the presentation. What is the easiest way to show this slide immediately?
a. Hold the Ctrl key while pressing the shift key
b. Hold the Ctrl key while pressing the F5 key
c. Choose the slide from the go to slide option in the navigation tools
d. Click the down arrow repeatedly until the desired slide is displayed.
20. What will be the result of pressing the B key during a live slide presentation using PowerPoint 2007?
a. The screen will go black
b. The presentation will go back one slide
c. The presentation will go back to the first slide
d. The text within the slide will show in bold font
1. You are about to create your first PowerPoint presentation and you want to utilize the default templates to help you in your slide design. How do you access the templates?
a. Click the office button, click new, and then click installed templates.
b. Click the new presentation button on the home tab ribbon, and click installed templates.
c. Click installed templates from the design tab ribbon.
d. Click the layout button in the slide group on the home tab ribbon, and click installed templates.
2. You can select a slide layout from a gallery of basic selections for an individual slide by clicking the:
a. Office button and selecting the desired slide design after hitting the new slide command.
b. Lower part of the slide button on the home tab ribbon and selecting the desired slide.
c. Slide gallery button in the slides group on the design tab ribbon.
d. New slide button on the slide show tab ribbon and selecting the desired slide.
3. You are creating a new PowerPoint presentation and you want to make sure that all of the slides have a unified presentation theme. Which tab ribbon allows you the opportunity to select a presentation theme?
a. Home tab
b. Insert tab
c. Design tab
d. Slide show tab
4. You are working on a PowerPoint presentation with a partner. The partner calls you as you are working on it to ask which presentation theme you are using. Where can you look to see which theme you currently are working with?
a. It is displayed above the ribbon at the top of the screen.
b. It is displayed just below the ribbon near the top of the screen.
c. It is displayed on the task bar in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen
d. It is displayed on the status bar in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen
5. Selected color themes in PowerPoint are applied to:
a. Backgrounds only
b. Objects only
c. Backgrounds and objects only
d. Backgrounds, objects, and text
6. changing the headings font will modify the text and then the:
a. slide titles
b. headers and footers
c. body section
d. image captions
7. You must access the _______ to change the headings font.
a. Headers and footers group on the home tab ribbon
b. Font group on the home tab ribbon
c. Font theme group on the design tab ribbon
d. Text theme group on the design tab ribbon
8. By default, a background style is applied to:
a. Any slides created after the selection of the background style
b. Any slides that have not been previously saved
c. The slide currently appearing in the slide pane only
d. All slides in the presentation
9. You have changed the background style of some of your slides but you now wish to change them back to your original choice. How do you accomplish this?
a. Click the rest slide background button in the Background group
b. Uncheck the checkbox selection for the unwanted background style.
c. Click the undo button in the editing group.
d. Click the reset button in the editing group
10. Once you apply an image as a background for a slide you are unable to: