Assignment 1: Project Proposal Due Week 4 and worth 200 points For this assignment, pretend you are a middle school teacher for an inner city school with a high population of students with a low socioeconomic background. The school currently uses noncomputer-based technologies in the classroom. However, school administrators just received an educational grant and are evaluating how the funds can best be used. You are excited about what you have learned in the class and want to make a proposal for use of the grant funds. Create a proposal to present to the principal to encourage the adoption and integration of technology in the classroom. The proposal must be persuasive and demonstrate how integrating technology in the classroom or training program will improve overall student engagement. Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Summarize the elements of the current teaching environment and the potential impact on the students.
2. Specify your readiness and rationale for recommending integration of technology into teaching and learning in schools.
3. Explain the barriers that block teachers from using technology and suggest ways to overcome them.
4. Write a plan for the types of technological tools you recommend integrating into the classroom; include supportive links from the internet. Describe how the tools can be used. Include examples.
5. Describe four (4) benefits afforded to learners based on the introduction of new technology into the classroom.
6. Identify three (3) specific issues that could affect student participation should technology be integrated in the classroom and suggest three (3) ways to address or resolve the participation gap.
7. Summarize your proposal to include technology needs, benefits to teachers and students, and specific recommendations for professional development for teachers as a next step.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Examine personal attitudes and goals about key issues in educational technology.
· Explore ways in which technology can enhance teaching and learning.
· Practice learning using new technology tools.
· Create change strategies for the effective use of technology in schools.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in educational technology.
· Write clearly and concisely about educational technology using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the rubric.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.