Use your Understanding Research text to complete the following:
- Read Chapter 5, “Purpose Statements, Research Questions, and Hypotheses,” pages 161–178.
Click to view the following media pieces:
- Research Topic, Research Problem, Research Question.
- The Research Problem and Research Questions.
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- Research Proposal: Creating a Problem Statement | Transcript
Review The Research Proposal: Creating a Problem Statement media piece from your studies for the previous unit (see Resources).
- What in this presentation surprised you, and why?
- Why do researchers identify a problem statement?
- Why is it important for problem statements to identify variables and concepts?
Post a draft of your problem statement and identify any questions you have, or point to areas that you think need suggestions or improvements.