Lab 3: XAMPP and MariaDB or MS Access Setup
Due Week 5 and worth 75 points
- Install XAMPP and MariaDB or MS Access and take a screen shot that shows the MySQL or MS Access prompt on your screen. (Note: You must include the screen shot which shows that MariaDB or MS Access is installed on your computer as part of your assignment.)
- Research the capabilities of MariaDB.
Write a paper in which you:
- Describe your experiences related to your setup of MariaDB or MS Access. Include any difficulties or issues that you encountered during the installation.
- Based on your post-installation research, describe the main capabilities of MariaDB.
- Describe the approach that you would take to go from a conceptual or logical model that you created to the implementation of that database structure in MariaDB or MS Access. Determine the additional information that you will need to implement the database design in a database management system.
- Include the screen shot which shows that MariaDB or MS Access is installed on your computer.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, 1 1/2 to 2 pages length, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the role of databases and database management systems in managing organizational data and information.
- Recognize the historical development of database management systems and logical data models.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in database systems.
Write clearly and concisely about relational database management systems using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
NOTE: While there is no specific page requirement, you must fully develop your ideas in a clear and concise, business style, and cogent manner. Demonstrate to the professor that you have learned the lessons applied to this assignmen