HD101 Week 14
Ch. 14: Schooling, Culture and Society: Living in a Multicultural World
Study Questions: (10 points) – Write responses to each of the following questions. Write the responses in your own words, do not copy and paste from your textbook, or another source. Cite a reference for the information provided for each question. Include a reference list.
· Responses to questions are accurate. – 5 points
· Each question has a reference citation in APA format; reference list is included/accurate. – 2 points.
· Responses are written in student’s voice. – 3 points.
1. Describe 3 benefits of high-quality child care/early childhood education programs:
2. Briefly describe the Head Start program.
3. Define the following:
Social Identity theory
4. Regarding homeschooling:
a. Why do some parents choose to homeschool their children?
b. What are 2 criticisms of homeschooling?
5. What are 3 reasons that adults return to college?
6. What are some gender stereotypes?
7. Describe patterns of adolescent media use?
8. What are ways that middle adults (ages 40-60) spend their leisure time?
9. The primary reason for a “cultural divide” in the United States is _____________________.
7. When discussing the roots of prejudice, we can look at 2 separate theories. Describe each of these.