Create an 8- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation discussing your cultural background (in addition, you should include a title slide and reference slide in your presentation). When discussing your culture, consider components of yourself such as race, ethnicity, religion, spiritual heritage, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, socioeconomic status, traditions, and family heritage. You are not required to include any information you do not feel comfortable sharing.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Communication styles of your culture (verbal and nonverbal)
- Parts of your culture you are proud of
- Parts of your culture that you would like to improve
- Stereotypes toward your culture
- Stereotypes held within your culture
- How your culture perceives substance use. Are there any traditional uses of substances that are deemed culturally acceptable?
- How your culture perceives counseling
- How your cultural background will influence your ability to counsel someone from your culture and someone from another culture
- Speaker notes that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person
APA format is required for any information not originated by the student. Include at least two scholarly references in your presentation.