Assignment 2: Harnessing Information Management, the Data, and Infrastructure
Due Week 4 and worth 120 points
In Assignment 1, you investigated data analytics and the utilization of data analytics in business. In this assignment, use the company or industry that you selected in Assignment 1. Use the Internet or Strayer Library to explore the relationship between information management and data storage techniques.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Ascertain the importance of information management for the company or industry that you have chosen.
- Analyze the fundamental impact of IT architecture or enterprise architecture on information management for your chosen company or industry. Determine if IT architecture impacts the effectiveness or efficiency of information management and vice versa.
- Suggest at least two (2) data storage methods regarding database, data warehouse, and / or date mart for your chosen company or industry. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine the optimal data storage method between the methods that you suggested in Question 3. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast the strategic and operational use of data management systems.
- Summarize the complexities of information technology and practices.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information systems for decision making using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.