Assignment 1: Discussion—Planning a Presentation to Summarize Your Course Learning
In this course, you have examined the various aspects of effective leader and manager communication in organizations. Now is your opportunity to summarize and synthesize what you have learned.
Respond to the following:
- Describe at least four major things you have learned in this course.
- Explain why these are important for organizational effectiveness.
- Explain why they are important for you personally as a leader or manager in an organization.
As a leader or manager, you will be called upon to deliver information in PowerPoint presentations. Being able to communicate concepts and information effectively is a very important skill. Using the same information that you discussed in the three points above, you should (1) identify the major points you would include in a PowerPoint presentation and (2) discuss at least five criteria that you would use to design and develop this presentation so it communicates most effectively with an audience of your choosing.
By Saturday, June 3, 2017, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, June 7, 2017, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.