The local county health department has outgrown the current space and has recently purchased a new building that will house clinicians and supporting structures. You have been hired as a consultant to advise the county resource manager as to what components she needs to purchase in order to build a HIPAA compliant network that will be used to collect and store data that supports the health department’s daily operations. It is anticipated that the clinics run by the health department collect in the range of 2 gigs of information monthly including text data, imaging data, and data that is generated by medical devices such as electronic EKG machines.
You are a new consultant and are eager to do a good job in your first assignment. Research the resources that are available to you that you need to provide accurate recommendations for the resource manager. Write a 3–5 page paper that includes the following topics:
- Steps involved in identifying the network device requirements necessary to support this network.
- Resources that are available to identify the device alternatives that are available.
- Resources that are available to determine cost effectiveness of those alternatives.
- Resources that are available to determine the security features available in those alternatives.
- Selection of network devices that you recommend.
- Support for your recommendations.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 3–5 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
DUE 04/28/2017 7:00PM Eastern Time