Information security has become a bit of a cat-and-mouse game between administrators and security managers on one side and those with an interest in exploiting and damaging the information assets under the care of administrators and security managers. Two of the activities that can best assist the “good guys” in preventing penetration or exploitation by the “bad guys” are to proactively patch systems and to back up data.
Write a 2–3 page paper that covers the following:
- Describe what tools and log files are available to managers to ensure that system patches and data backups are occurring and are being tested properly.
- Analyze the tools for backup and patch management that are available as part of the Microsoft OS.
- Recommend the patch management and backup tools and procedures that will best support the security for a small business.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 2–3 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- DUE: 06/04/2017